DITALS courses – FAQ
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION EXAM DITALS I ?
To access the exam Ditals I you must:
- Hold a Diploma;
- Native speaker of Italian or have good knowledge of Italian (level C1 of the Common European Framework);
- Have 60h of teaching in any subject, an internship in teaching Italian as a foreign language classes;
- Have attended a training course (30h of language teaching) at a training institution monitored by the Center Ditals University for Foreigners of Siena.
Passing the exam Ditals I is a prerequisite to successful completion of Ditals II. The Training Course held at Koiné – English Language Centre provides comprehensive preparation for both the exam Ditals I and for passing the exam Ditals II.
Visit this link for more information:
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION EXAM DITALS II?
To access the admission Examination Ditals II is necessary:
- Native speakers of Italian or have a good knowledge of Italian (level C2 of the Common European Framework);
- Possess a specified Bachelor’s degree;
- Have attended a training course (30h of language teaching) at a training institution monitored by the Center Ditals University for Foreigners of Siena;
- Have 300 hrs of teaching Italian to foreigners in Italy or abroad.
Visit this link for more information:
NOT IN POSSESSION OF A SPECIFIED DEGREE: HOW CAN I ACCESS THE EXAMINATION DITALS II?
If you are not in possession of a specified Bachelor’s degree, you can access the exam Ditals II with the following requirements:
- Have attended a training course (30h of language teaching) at a recognized institution and monitored by the University for Foreigners of Siena;
- Have taken the exam Ditals I (and it exceeded at least 2 profiles of learners, for graduates) 60h + 300h of teaching Italian as a foreign language classes or have made at least 600h of teaching Italian to foreigners in Italy or abroad.
IF I HAVE WORKED HOURS OF TEACHING IN OTHER SUBJECTS WHICH ARE NOT ITALIAN AS A SECOND LANGUAGE, CAN I ACCESS EXAM DITALS I / DITALS II ?
If the candidate aspires to Ditals and the examination; the teaching in any subject (60h) is valid. If the candidate aspires to Ditals II, 300h of the teaching of Italian as a foreign language or Italian with the presence of foreign students in the classroom will be valid.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SPECIFIC DEGREE BUT I HAVE SURPASSED 2 EXAMS BELONGING TO GROUPS OF DISCIPLINE L- FIL -LET L- 12 O LIN- 02 CAN I BE SUITABLE TO ACCESS DIRECT EXAMINATION DITALS II?
Yes, the candidate must submit his/her profile directly to the DITALS CENTER of Siena, which ultimately will determine the suitability of the candidate.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY DEGREE IS A SPECIFIC DEGREE?
Please contact the University of Siena or visit their website.
WHAT WILL BE MY PROCEDURE IF I AM NOT IN POSSESSION OF DEGREE OR IF I HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA?
From January 1st 2015, DITALS II can be available only for candidates with Bachelor degree. Candidates with high school diploma can take DITALS I exam.
I AM FOREIGN: CAN I ACCESS EXAM DITALS II?
To access the exam Ditals I and II exam Ditals you must have an excellent knowledge of the Italian language, which must be proven by actual certification with an official language proficiency (level C1 of the Common European Framework for DITALS Level I and C2 DITALS Level II). In the event that the applicant was in possession of an Italian degree obtained in Italy or abroad he/she will need to provide a Certificate of Proficiency.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION IN THE TRAINING COURSE DITALS II?
Registration for the course is valid only at the time of delivery of the following documents:
- Application form completed and signed;
- A photocopy of an identity document;
- Copy of Certificate of qualification required (if you have) or self-certification;
- 2 passport photos.
Registration for the course can be made in online mode (sending all the documents via email, except the 2 photos, which will be delivered by hand) or at home. The Secretary’s office is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 14,00. At the same time you can call us at +39 3920904668 to arrange an appointment (required).
Koiné provides its students a free internship consisting of 120 hours of teaching or 60hrs of training. The internship takes place during the daytime hours from 9.30am to 9.30pm, Monday to Friday, depending on availability and the needs.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF DITALS II?
The examination Ditals II consists of four parts: A, B, C written tests, lasting a total of 5 hours) and D (oral , 40 minutes).
Below is a brief description of each section.
Section A – Analysis of the teaching materials. Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes. Score: 12 (minimum) to 20 (maximum). Analysis of some pages from a manual teaching of Italian L2 (for children, adolescents, adults, or other specific types of learners, at the elementary level, intermediate or advanced).
Section B – Construction of educational materials. Duration: 2 hours. Score: 12 (minimum) to 20 (maximum).
Section C – Glottodidactic knowledge. Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes. Score: 24 (minimum) to 40 (maximum). The candidate must demonstrate their knowledge of disciplines such as language teaching, linguistics and sociolinguistics Italian, on the most important concepts of teaching Italian to foreigners and on specific topics, such as: glottotecnologie, monitoring and evaluation skills.
Section D – oral language teaching skills. Time: 30 minutes preparation, 10 minutes for the recording. Score: 12 (minimum) to 20 (maximum). The candidate will demonstrate the ability to express themselves orally in a situation of teaching Italian to foreigners, according to the required task.
To pass the exam and get the same name Ditals II Certification, the candidate must achieve a minimum score in all sections that make up the exam.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ALL SECTIONS ARE SURPASSED UNDER EXAMINATION?
If a candidate obtains the minimum score only in one or more sections, the result obtained is capitalized and the candidate may retake the tests for the sections he/she does not pass within three years from the date on which it took the exam for the first time. All tests are produced and evaluated by the Commission DITALS University for Foreigners of Siena.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if you have other questions click here.